The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
Interested in making a proposal? Check out our curated list of ideas!
- ZecWallet is a cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that incorporates a full Zcash node and prioritizes shielded transactions.
- Justin Smith of X Wallet will create an iOS reference wallet for the Zcash Foundation.
- Parity Technologies is writing a consensus-compatible Zcash node in the Rust programming language.
- KZen Networks will bring private n-of-n multisig to Zcash.
- The Human Rights Foundation launched a cryptocurrency research series focused on privacy and usability.
- The ZKProof Standards project holds workshops, among other efforts to improve zero-knowledge proofs and their usage.
Announcements and Updates
- Zebra, the New Consensus-Compatible Zcash Node ClientThe Zcash Foundation and Parity Technologies are proud to present Zebra, a consensus-compatible Zcash node client written in Rust.
- Two Bounties Awarded and a ZF Grants UpdateA brief update on the Zcash Foundation’s new grants platform.
- Zcash Governance: A Step Toward DecentralizationExecutive Director Josh Cincinnati discusses the balance of power in Zcash governance.
- ZF Grants Is Ready for Your ProposalThe Zcash Foundation’s community funding platform will host fundraising campaigns for Zcash ecosystem projects.
- Introducing Zepio WalletA new option for Zcash users who want a robust, shielded-friendly wallet application.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Core EngineerDeirdre Connolly joins the Zcash Foundation as a Core Engineer.
- ZecWallet: New Name and Rapid Progresszec-qt-wallet, now called ZecWallet, has improved by leaps and bounds.
- Announcing ZF GrantsThe Zcash Foundation debuts a new platform for grants and community funding.
- Human Rights Foundation Cryptocurrency ResearchThe Zcash Foundation is proud to help support the HRF initiative.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Technical InternAnna Kaplan joices the Zcash Foundation to work on node development.