The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
Interested in making a proposal? Check out our curated list of ideas!
Projects and Partnerships
- ZecWallet is a cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that incorporates a full Zcash node and prioritizes shielded transactions.
- Zepio is another cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that focuses on #z2z usage.
- Zebra is the Foundation's consensus-compatible Zcash node</a>, written in the Rust programming language.
- KZen Networks will bring private n-of-n multisig to Zcash.
- The Human Rights Foundation launched a cryptocurrency research series focused on privacy and usability.
- The ZKProof Standards project holds workshops, among other efforts to improve the usability and safety of zero-knowledge proofs. </ul></div>
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Core Engineer and ResearcherWelcome Chelsea Komlo to the Foundation’s tech team!
- Zcash Foundation Guidance on Dev Fund ProposalsEvaluating the path forward for Zcash.
- The Zcash Foundation's First DefconThe Foundation’s plans for Defcon 27.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Director of EngineeringGeorge Tankersley has joined the Zcash Foundation to lead our engineering efforts.
- Early Results from an FPGA Acceleration ProjectDetails about an ongoing FPGA acceleration project by the Zcash Foundation.
- Zcon1 RecapAll of the information and links from Zcon1.
- Monero Konferenco and Zcon1 Joint PanelOn June 23, the Monero Konferenco and Zcon1 will share a transatlantic panel on the regulatory environment for privacy-preserving cryptocurrencies.
- Z Wallet iOS Effort DiscontinuedThe Zcash Foundation and XMR Systems have released the source code to the WIP project.
- Zebra, the New Consensus-Compatible Zcash Node ClientThe Zcash Foundation and Parity Technologies are proud to present Zebra, a consensus-compatible Zcash node client written in Rust.
- Two Bounties Awarded and a ZF Grants UpdateA brief update on the Zcash Foundation’s new grants platform.