The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
The Zcash Foundation financially supports zec-qt-wallet, a cross-platform, open-source, GUI Zcash wallet that incorporates a full node and prioritizes shielded transactions.
Announcements and Updates
- Blockchain Privacy: Equal Parts Theory and PracticeIan Miers explains the weaknesses of decoy-based privacy schemes.
- Partnering with KZen Networks to Enable Private MultisigKZen Networks is undertaking a research project funded by the Zcash Foundation.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Principal Cryptographic ResearcherHenry de Valence joins the Zcash Foundation as its Principal Cryptographic Researcher.
- Concerning the Sprout Vulnerability CVE-2019-7167The Foundation comments on the recent disclosure by the Company
- The State of the Zcash Foundation in 2019An explanation of the Zcash Foundation’s plans and finances in 2019.
- Zcon1: June 22 – 24 in Split, CroatiaThe Zcash Foundation is requesting applications to attend Zcon1.
- New URL, Website, and GitHub SetupThe Zcash Foundation has streamlined its online presence.
- Supporting zec-qt-wallet and an iOS Reference WalletWe are funding two open-source wallets that will further Zcash adoption.
- Announcement of the 2018Q2 Grant WinnersProjects that will strengthen and expand the Zcash ecosystem in the coming months and years.
- Press Release: Announcing a Partnership with Parity TechnologiesThe Zcash Foundation is partnering with Parity Technologies to build a Zcash node implementation in Rust.