The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
The Zcash Foundation Blog
- New URL, Website, and GitHub SetupThe Zcash Foundation has streamlined its online presence.
- Supporting zec-qt-wallet and an iOS Reference WalletWe are funding two open-source wallets that will further Zcash adoption.
- Announcement of the 2018Q2 Grant WinnersProjects that will strengthen and expand the Zcash ecosystem in the coming months and years.
- Press Release: Announcing a Partnership with Parity TechnologiesThe Zcash Foundation is partnering with Parity Technologies to build a Zcash node implementation in Rust.
- Update on Grants and Grant WinnersProgress from recent grant winners and an indication of future plans.
- Scaleable Privacy and ThreatsIan Miers presented ‘Scaleable Privacy and Threats’ at Zcon0 in Montréal, June 2018.
- Zcon0 RecapTalks and resources from our first Zcash conference.
- Zcash Ecosystem Fund ControversyThe Foundation’s responses to contentious issues surrounding the Zcash Ecosystem Fund proposal.
- Zcash Foundation Governance Process ResultsHow the decisions of the Community Governance Panel will shape the Foundation’s strategy going forward.
- The Freedom of the Press Foundation Will Accept Zcash DonationsWe are excited to see more nonprofits using Zcash.