The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
Interested in making a proposal? Check out our curated list of ideas!
Projects and Partnerships
- ZecWallet is a cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that incorporates a full Zcash node and prioritizes shielded transactions.
- Zepio is another cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that focuses on #z2z usage.
- Zebra is the Foundation's consensus-compatible Zcash node</a>, written in the Rust programming language.
- KZen Networks will bring private n-of-n multisig to Zcash.
- The Human Rights Foundation launched a cryptocurrency research series focused on privacy and usability.
- The ZKProof Standards project holds workshops, among other efforts to improve the usability and safety of zero-knowledge proofs. </ul></div>
- Zcash Dev Fund Community Sentiment Collection PollProposals for the future of Zcash development funding.
- Engineering Roadmap 2020Our plans to accelerate Zcash ecosystem development.
- Restarting Community Sentiment Collection for Dev Fund ProposalsAs promised, the Foundation is restarting community sentiment collection regarding the future of Zcash development funding.
- A Solid Future for the Zcash TrademarkThe Zcash Foundation and Electric Coin Company have signed an agreement regarding the Zcash trademark.
- A Cypherpunk Privacy Reading ListExplore how the earliest cryptocurrency inventors saw privacy.
- Accelerating SNARKs with FPGAs: Final Research ResultsResults from a research project to examine how bespoke hardware can speed up Zcash.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes an Operations AssociateLena Wang has joined the Zcash Foundation to help keep the organization running smoothly.
- Zcash Trademark Uncertainty Leads to Delay of NU4 Community Sentiment CollectionThe Zcash Foundation will delay its polling process until a revived 2-of-2 agreement with the ECC can be reached.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Core Engineer and ResearcherWelcome Chelsea Komlo to the Foundation’s tech team!
- Zcash Foundation Guidance on Dev Fund ProposalsEvaluating the path forward for Zcash.