The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
Interested in making a proposal? Check out our curated list of ideas!
Projects and Partnerships
- ZecWallet is a cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that incorporates a full Zcash node and prioritizes shielded transactions.
- Zepio is another cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that focuses on #z2z usage.
- Zebra is the Foundation’s consensus-compatible Zcash node, written in the Rust programming language.
- The Human Rights Foundation launched a cryptocurrency research series focused on privacy and usability.
- The ZKProof Standards project holds workshops, among other efforts to improve the usability and safety of zero-knowledge proofs.
Announcements and Updates
- ZF Grants 2.0Improvements and updates to the Zcash Foundation’s grants program.
- Presenting a Modified ZIP 1012The Foundation presents its modifications to ZIP 1012 as a path forward for NU4.
- Supporting a Path for NU4The Foundation presents its NU4 guidance, informed by the community sentiment collection process.
- Zcash Foundation Donation to Open PrivacyWhy we donated $40,000 in ZEC to Open Privacy, and what the organization plans to do with new funding.
- Community Sentiment Polling Results (NU4)Results from polling the Zcash community on the future of development funding.
- The Zcash Foundation's Form 990 for 20182018 edition of our annual IRS-mandated transparency report.
- Zcash Dev Fund Community Sentiment Collection PollProposals for the future of Zcash development funding.
- Engineering Roadmap 2020Our plans to accelerate Zcash ecosystem development.
- Restarting Community Sentiment Collection for Dev Fund ProposalsAs promised, the Foundation is restarting community sentiment collection regarding the future of Zcash development funding.
- A Solid Future for the Zcash TrademarkThe Zcash Foundation and Electric Coin Company have signed an agreement regarding the Zcash trademark.