The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
Interested in making a proposal? Check out our curated list of ideas!
- ZecWallet is a cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that incorporates a full Zcash node and prioritizes shielded transactions.
- Justin Smith of X Wallet will create an iOS reference wallet for the Zcash Foundation.
- Parity Technologies is writing a consensus-compatible Zcash node in the Rust programming language.
- KZen Networks will bring private n-of-n multisig to Zcash.
- The Human Rights Foundation launched a cryptocurrency research series focused on privacy and usability.
- The ZKProof Standards project holds workshops, among other efforts to improve zero-knowledge proofs and their usage.
Announcements and Updates
- ZecWallet: New Name and Rapid Progresszec-qt-wallet, now called ZecWallet, has improved by leaps and bounds.
- Announcing ZF GrantsThe Zcash Foundation debuts a new platform for grants and community funding.
- Human Rights Foundation Cryptocurrency ResearchThe Zcash Foundation is proud to help support the HRF initiative.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Technical InternAnna Kaplan joices the Zcash Foundation to work on node development.
- The New ZIP Process and Zcash GovernanceThe future of Zcash protocol development.
- The Second ZKProof Standards WorkshopAcademics and industry professionals collaborate on standardizing zero-knowledge proofs.
- Blockchain Privacy: Equal Parts Theory and PracticeIan Miers explains the weaknesses of decoy-based privacy schemes.
- Partnering with KZen Networks to Enable Private MultisigKZen Networks is undertaking a research project funded by the Zcash Foundation.
- The Zcash Foundation Welcomes a Principal Cryptographic ResearcherHenry de Valence joins the Zcash Foundation as its Principal Cryptographic Researcher.
- Concerning the Sprout Vulnerability CVE-2019-7167The Foundation comments on the recent disclosure by the Company