The Zcash Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that focuses on financial privacy. Our mission is to build internet payment and privacy infrastructure for the public good.
We serve the users of the Zcash protocol and blockchain. The Foundation also supports other applications of zero-knowledge cryptography, as well as other approaches to private cryptocurrency.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for occasional announcements!
Interested in making a proposal? Check out our curated list of ideas!
Projects and Partnerships
- ZecWallet is a cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that incorporates a full Zcash node and prioritizes shielded transactions.
- Zepio is another cross-platform, open-source, GUI wallet that focuses on #z2z usage.
- Zebra is the Foundation’s consensus-compatible Zcash node, written in the Rust programming language.
- The Human Rights Foundation launched a cryptocurrency research series focused on privacy and usability.
- The ZKProof Standards project holds workshops, among other efforts to improve the usability and safety of zero-knowledge proofs.
Announcements and Updates
- Composable Futures-based Batch VerificationThis post describes a new implementation strategy for batch verification in Zebra.
- The State of the Zcash Foundation in 2020An explanation of the Zcash Foundation’s plans and finances in 2020.
- ZIP 1014 Poll ResultsWe have convergence!
- A New Network Stack For ZcashWe give a deep dive into the network architecture of Zebra, the Foundation’s Zcash node implementation
- Polling Community Sentiment on ZIP 1014Resolving the final details on a critical NU4 upgrade
- ZF Grants 2.0Improvements and updates to the Zcash Foundation’s grants program.
- Presenting a Modified ZIP 1012The Foundation presents its modifications to ZIP 1012 as a path forward for NU4.
- Supporting a Path for NU4The Foundation presents its NU4 guidance, informed by the community sentiment collection process.
- Zcash Foundation Donation to Open PrivacyWhy we donated $40,000 in ZEC to Open Privacy, and what the organization plans to do with new funding.
- Community Sentiment Polling Results (NU4)Results from polling the Zcash community on the future of development funding.